So today I was having coffee with a friend and felt like I needed to ask her an important question, but I was afraid I would offend her. The question was "How do you live without money?"
This has been on my mind quite a bit. In 2010 I left a well paying job to reduce stress and find happiness, but HAHAHA the jokes on me because I am back at the same company in almost the same job. I now make far less, have a smidgen less responsibility, but back in the same situation as before. My work schedules are pushing me into almost the 60 hour a week range and my free time is spent like a zombie. I am on a salary so I don't punch a clock, and if I stayed every time my coworkers needed me I would be working closer to 70 hours a week.
But I digress. She explained that she doesn't buy things new except for food and things like toilet paper, unless it has to do with her passion. She does not have car insurance, a cell phone, health insurance (she is self employed).
We talked for a while and there are some differences between the two of us. I have a house payment that is a couple of hundred dollars more than her rent, a cell phone for forty-five dollars, eight dollars in netflix, and my utility bill is about a hundred dollars a month. However, I worry about emergencies more and try to have money saved. She explained that she doesn't worry about emergencies and sometimes has to make decisions on being able to do certain things or pay the bills.
She warned me that her life might look romantic, but there are drawbacks. She has owed people money in her life and has not been able to pay it back. There are things that she isn't able to do and sometimes she feels like a mooch.
I know I can do this, but the real question is do I have the courage!
Toodles,
Bitha
This has been on my mind quite a bit. In 2010 I left a well paying job to reduce stress and find happiness, but HAHAHA the jokes on me because I am back at the same company in almost the same job. I now make far less, have a smidgen less responsibility, but back in the same situation as before. My work schedules are pushing me into almost the 60 hour a week range and my free time is spent like a zombie. I am on a salary so I don't punch a clock, and if I stayed every time my coworkers needed me I would be working closer to 70 hours a week.
But I digress. She explained that she doesn't buy things new except for food and things like toilet paper, unless it has to do with her passion. She does not have car insurance, a cell phone, health insurance (she is self employed).
We talked for a while and there are some differences between the two of us. I have a house payment that is a couple of hundred dollars more than her rent, a cell phone for forty-five dollars, eight dollars in netflix, and my utility bill is about a hundred dollars a month. However, I worry about emergencies more and try to have money saved. She explained that she doesn't worry about emergencies and sometimes has to make decisions on being able to do certain things or pay the bills.
She warned me that her life might look romantic, but there are drawbacks. She has owed people money in her life and has not been able to pay it back. There are things that she isn't able to do and sometimes she feels like a mooch.
I know I can do this, but the real question is do I have the courage!
Toodles,
Bitha