Friday, November 2, 2007

Can you live on next to nothing?

I decieded to start this blog after a couple of days ago I read about a challenge. The challenge was could you feed yourself for twenty-one dollars a day. Why $21 a day? Because that is the amount that a person receiving food assistance gets a week. It is per person, but still $21 a week? So back in Septmeber people took a one week challenge to see if they could do this, from the people who posted it sounded like most could do it, but it was very challenging for a week. The thing is people on food assistance don't just do this for one week. It is part of their daily lives. So I'm going to try and do this for a year. I know that I am not poor and it will not be anything like if I really was on food assistance. However, I consider myself pretty resourceful and may be able to find resources, recipies, or ideas that could help struggling families out. So I started this on November 1st 2007 and will have to go through October 31st 2008. Wish me luck!