Well, I think I forgot about this challenge within a week, as I never revisited this blog. Also, I most definitely forgot about my year long challenge. It's very amusing though because I was just talking to a friend about how impressed I am in the $30 a week blog and I wanted to do one on $20 or less a week on food. The couple who does the $30 a week blog eats very healthy and shops at their food coop. The food challenge is definitely going to be very similar.
This week has definitely been a little crazy because I had two belly dance performances and was traveling. Needless to say there has been a lot of eating out. In my day to day life I have only spent $14.91 this week at the Natural Health Center. The biggest perk about shopping there, other than the free bag of popcorn to snack on, is that when you pay to be a member you get 20% off all purchases. I think I pay $60 for six months. Which if I spent $15 there every week I would save $78 every six months and that does not include the savings on vitamins, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper etc.
So here is to the resurrection of this blog. Will it be only about my food shopping? Nope. It will do with all aspects of my life, how I try to save money while fully living my life and enjoying it:)