Sunday, November 17, 2013

Busy Summer/Fall

This summer and fall has been very busy for me. There were a lot of changes at my job, none of which were positive. New leadership who didn't care about people, just results. News flash, if your people are taken care of you probably won't achieve good results. I can work for just about anyone, but this person not at all.

So I quit and got another job. I think the biggest lesson learned is that jobs are like relationships. When you leave them and are removed from the situation long enough you just remember the good things. You should never go back to an old lover, nor an old job.

With this new job I do have to go back to tightening the purse strings. I put myself on a good budget. Also, in the last two months at my job I stockpiled food. I definitely have enough food to make it through the next couple of months with several three day work weeks. Trust me I won't complain about those work weeks. It means that I will get a little time off:)

In other news I learned how to can this summer. I did strawberry basil jelly, which turned out as a sauce. I was stubborn thinking that I didn't want to use pectin. Well, I quickly wised up to make a delicious blueberry jam. Other things that I canned were corn relish, jalapeno jelly, apple chipotle chutney, applesauce, and apple pie filling. It is pretty exciting to try food that I personally have put up. Next year I think I will try to get a pressure cooker and can other vegetables.

Toodles
Bitha