Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Frugality at its Finist

So today I pretty much did my last of my Christmas shopping. It will be mostly homemade. Some of my friends will get bath salts and body scrub. A couple of my friends that are like family will get soups, bread, lasagna, and pies. My mother will get gluten free soups, lasagna, homemade jewelery, bath scrubs, a homemade dessert of some sort, and a couple of gluten free goodies as it is new for her. My dad and I don't exchange much so I bought him a seven in one puzzle box. My nieces and nephews are the only ones I really bought for this year. Since there is eight of them I do family bags. I will admit I went wild at the five below store and spent almost a $100.

Their are two perks to homemade gifts.

1. I stayed on a budget. My original budget was only $220 but I needed to expand it a little to $300. The good news is I will be under my budget. I probably could have gotten it under $200 but I didn't plan well because I wasn't feeling the holiday spirit. Then it hit me all at once and I went shopping, but I am so pleased to be able to share all of this stuff with my family.

2. The other delicious perk is I get to try all of the good stuff I am making my loved ones. I am on a tight budget. I needed to slash my spending, after bills of course, to a $100  a month. Yup I live on $25 a week. That typically is gas money and food. Sometimes when I have to focus so much on a limited budget it makes me a little miserly at the holiday season. This year I am so excited to give to my love ones I can't wait!!!!

Toodles,
Bitha