Friday, July 29, 2016

My Current Financial Situation

From time to time I have shared my budget on this blog and I figured since I decided to start posting again that I might as well do this again.

So my current financial situation:

Debts
-House: $10500ish I should receive my updated amount this month or next
-Credit Card: $1850
-Car Loan (from my mom no interest): $2400

Right now I am doing the Dave Ramsey steps and have been for about 10 months. In that time I have managed to pay down about $4500 in debt, get my car fixed when it broke this spring, and stay afloat. However, to do this after the bills are paid I essentially live off of $50 a week for everything else.

So my $50 a week goes to:
-Gas/upkeep for my car
-Dog food
-Food
-Any fun/entertainment/gifts/charitable giving/going out to eat

My budget overall looks like this:
-$822 House (it is high because I bought with bad credit and water is included and again high because of house guests)
-$103 Gas/Electric (this will probably go up as I have house guests for the last three months and you cannot pay more than the minimum)
-$87 Car insurance
-$67 Internet/Basic Cable I would do just internet but the price is the same... it is so weird
-$19 Hulu/Netflix
-$45 Cell phone
-$200 for my monthly spending

Everything else goes toward debt! Now there are things I could lower on my budget. I could get rid of internet, cable and hulu. I have done the no internet thing before, but I am not sure I want to go back again. I mean I would probably be more productive, but at least until debt is gone and emergency fund is up I need some cheap entertainment.

Now remember budgets are relative. I started this blog because I was inspired by Nickel and Dimed and 30 Days: Minimum Wage. I thought I really wanted to go the minimum wage or close route. I don't and I don't want to go back. However, once I pay off all the debt and house payment I want to be able to work less. I won't need all 40 of my hours at work. I won't need to work an occasional second job. It is more about being free than the amount of income I have coming in. It is about doing the most with what I have got.

I guess what I am trying to say is that for someone who is making more this budget would seem meager at best. To someone below the poverty line this would seem so good. It is all depends on your situation. I am going to continue posting my journey in all aspects of life for the time being.

Toodles
Bitha