Can I just reiterate how much I love the farmers market! I love that I found another farmer I really seem to get along with. So much so it makes me want to show up there every chance I can get!
Spent $11 dollars this week:
Aloe plant $7
Pecans $3
Kale $2 (they gave me a $1 discount)
Also spent a little bit of money at the PFC
Avocado $1
Pumpkin seeds unknown, but I know I spent less then $5
So these breakfast burritos are not the most beautiful things in the world, but still really yummy! Oh and did I mention they probably only cost me $.30-$.40 for both of these plus a quarter cup of filling left over! My only mistake is that these are super filling and I could only eat one!
Ingredients:
Tortilla - Aldis $.16ish
Black Beans- Aldis $.18ish
Sweet Potato- free
Tomatos- free
Jalapenos- free
Bell Peppers- free
Cilantro- free
Cheese- free
Chicken Base -$.01ish
Garlic Powder- $.01ish
They free stuff are items that I saved from caterings that would have been thrown away and I deydrated them! Working in food service is a really great way to go if you have no money or are saving as much as possible! This won't be the case at every food service place. More corporate type places don't allow for things to be taken home. Stealing is not really worth your job!
Toodles,
Bitha
Spent $11 dollars this week:
Aloe plant $7
Pecans $3
Kale $2 (they gave me a $1 discount)
Also spent a little bit of money at the PFC
Avocado $1
Pumpkin seeds unknown, but I know I spent less then $5
So these breakfast burritos are not the most beautiful things in the world, but still really yummy! Oh and did I mention they probably only cost me $.30-$.40 for both of these plus a quarter cup of filling left over! My only mistake is that these are super filling and I could only eat one!
Ingredients:
Tortilla - Aldis $.16ish
Black Beans- Aldis $.18ish
Sweet Potato- free
Tomatos- free
Jalapenos- free
Bell Peppers- free
Cilantro- free
Cheese- free
Chicken Base -$.01ish
Garlic Powder- $.01ish
They free stuff are items that I saved from caterings that would have been thrown away and I deydrated them! Working in food service is a really great way to go if you have no money or are saving as much as possible! This won't be the case at every food service place. More corporate type places don't allow for things to be taken home. Stealing is not really worth your job!
Toodles,
Bitha
