I love food! However, it is one of the hardest things for me to budget. I have decided for the remainder of September and all of October I will be doing a pantry challenge to try and use a lot of the food in my pantry. Here are some of the meals I have made in the last two days:
-Dinner was scrambled eggs with swiss chard, from the garden, and a baked dish with
onions, carrots, and potatoes from the garden. I made sure that I made enough of the
baked dish to last a couple of days.
-Toasted Almond butter and fruit spread sandwich and coffee for breakfast.
-Lunch was a delicious repeat of dinner with the addition of a piece of toast.
-My next dinner was delicious bbq lentils, using all ingredients from my fridge and
pantry, with wilted swiss chard, served over jalapeno cheddar cornbread.
I will admit that I needed to buy cheese and jalapenos for the cornbread. I looked for the smallest block of cheese and smallest container of fresh jalapenos I could find and spent around $4.25. I definitely could have saved a little bit if I went to the coop these items and they would have been local/organic to boot, but alas I was too lazy to drive an extra forty minutes, which in the long run would not have saved any money at all.
Toodles,
Bitha
-Dinner was scrambled eggs with swiss chard, from the garden, and a baked dish with
onions, carrots, and potatoes from the garden. I made sure that I made enough of the
baked dish to last a couple of days.
-Toasted Almond butter and fruit spread sandwich and coffee for breakfast.
-Lunch was a delicious repeat of dinner with the addition of a piece of toast.
-My next dinner was delicious bbq lentils, using all ingredients from my fridge and
pantry, with wilted swiss chard, served over jalapeno cheddar cornbread.
I will admit that I needed to buy cheese and jalapenos for the cornbread. I looked for the smallest block of cheese and smallest container of fresh jalapenos I could find and spent around $4.25. I definitely could have saved a little bit if I went to the coop these items and they would have been local/organic to boot, but alas I was too lazy to drive an extra forty minutes, which in the long run would not have saved any money at all.
Toodles,
Bitha