Well, this blog is the perfect reminder of my inability to consistently do anything on my own. After a year and a half a lot of things have changed. I ended up quiting the local food coop, they are great people doing a great thing but I just didn't fit at the end of the day. I believe that the food movement needs to be accepting and inclusive of all people with shades of grey, rather than focusing on the demographic that already embraces the local/healthy/organic food movement.
I decided that I want to live in both worlds. I enjoy having money and being able to support the movement I believe in, but I want to inspire people about my views on food and the people that I want to reach are not the hipsters who play the part and view the majority of Americans with disdain. When I worked at the coop I overheard a conversation between a coworker and patron about how parents who feed there children McDonald's are killing them and should have there children taken away. I cannot deal with statements like that. Yes McDonald's is not a healthy food choice for children. I watch my nieces and nephews go bonkers after eating food like that and i assume it is because of the sugar and chemicals, but I feel that most of America's food source is compromised in one way or another and sometimes we just have to deal.
With that being said I decided to go back to my corporate restaurant job where I am able to make money and live comfortably. I can save for my future, which involves buying a small tract of land to have a small farm, be able to help my mother financially if she needs it, gardening, and do a little traveling.
Toodles
Bitha
I decided that I want to live in both worlds. I enjoy having money and being able to support the movement I believe in, but I want to inspire people about my views on food and the people that I want to reach are not the hipsters who play the part and view the majority of Americans with disdain. When I worked at the coop I overheard a conversation between a coworker and patron about how parents who feed there children McDonald's are killing them and should have there children taken away. I cannot deal with statements like that. Yes McDonald's is not a healthy food choice for children. I watch my nieces and nephews go bonkers after eating food like that and i assume it is because of the sugar and chemicals, but I feel that most of America's food source is compromised in one way or another and sometimes we just have to deal.
With that being said I decided to go back to my corporate restaurant job where I am able to make money and live comfortably. I can save for my future, which involves buying a small tract of land to have a small farm, be able to help my mother financially if she needs it, gardening, and do a little traveling.
Toodles
Bitha