Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Delightful Dinner, Kitchen Fire, and Inspiration

Today was a very lazy day. I spent most of it sleeping and I will be totally honest watching TV. I just needed a total lazy day. So about 830 tonight I decided to make some dinner. I had blue crab that my mom had given me and a recipe for Moroccan crab cakes. This is the first time ever that I have prepped my ingredients, normally I just prep as I go. So by the time I have everything combined, chilled, and start the oil to fry these little babies it is about 1030p. I start frying the cakes and everything is going great. I started making the orange cilantro sauce to go with the cakes, and as I was reducing the orange sauce the paper that I was draining my crab cakes goes up in flames. I work in a restaurant so I am not afraid of flames, however I think fire is beautiful so I can help but stare for a second. Luckily I snap out of it and throw the plate in the sink and douse it with water. Luckily only three crab cakes were harmed in the drowning of the plate.

I have been very inspired by a person I work with. She just watched the movie the secret and is all about the power of positive thinking. Her enthusiasm is very cute. She couples this with a strong faith in her religion and it is just fun to watch her. It made me start thinking about how I want to think positively more often and get stronger in my faith. I also think that in 2013 I will start studying one religion every month, because religion fascinates me.

Toodles
Bitha