Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Getting Rid of Everything

In the past, I have dabbled with minimalism. I seem to do better when there is less clutter both physically and mentally. One of my favorite minimalist blogs is "The Minimalists." I like their clear, concise writing style, plus the fact that they offer their path to minimalism. I decided to skip to Day 3 today and had my packing party. I packed everything into my spare room and it's a relief not to have random stuff everywhere. The one drawback is I am a terrible packer and doing some of the "unpacking" is a dangerous job.

I also will be doing Day 1 this evening. I will make my list of  "I Musts". If feels good to be making some forward motion in my life. I feel my path to minimalism will help with my internal clutter, as too often my outside clutter tends to match my inner clutter. I need to let go off some of my defense mechanisms, and through releasing my possessions I feel that I will release those bad behaviours that I no longer need.


Toodles,
Bitha