Well, for the next 90 days I am going to try and eat mostly local foods. One of the local farms is doing a 90 challenge with weekly recipes and grocery lists, which is awesome. However, I don't think I can go 90 days with only local food.
Some things I will allow that will not be local:
1. Anything that is currently in my house. This would include canned tomatoes, spices, alcohol, coffee etc.
2. Coffee. Nope can't get that local.
3. Olive oil
4. Flours, baking supplies
5. Citrus
6. Vinegar
7. Going out to eat tops of every other week.
8. Hard alcohol. I can get all the beer and wine locally that I want but not to many places to hard alcohol and man sometimes I just need a drink!
I will be getting two different csa shares. I already have shares for local meat. Sometimes I have a supply for local cheese. Dairy and yogurt is taken care of. I normally buy most of my fruits locally too. Creamer will be an interesting test. I can get cream locally but it typically turns quite quickly. Maybe I will just get a pint at a time and turn the rest into butter.
Also my garden should help keep me in a fair amount of veg and fruit.
Toodles,
Bitha
Some things I will allow that will not be local:
1. Anything that is currently in my house. This would include canned tomatoes, spices, alcohol, coffee etc.
2. Coffee. Nope can't get that local.
3. Olive oil
4. Flours, baking supplies
5. Citrus
6. Vinegar
7. Going out to eat tops of every other week.
8. Hard alcohol. I can get all the beer and wine locally that I want but not to many places to hard alcohol and man sometimes I just need a drink!
I will be getting two different csa shares. I already have shares for local meat. Sometimes I have a supply for local cheese. Dairy and yogurt is taken care of. I normally buy most of my fruits locally too. Creamer will be an interesting test. I can get cream locally but it typically turns quite quickly. Maybe I will just get a pint at a time and turn the rest into butter.
Also my garden should help keep me in a fair amount of veg and fruit.
Toodles,
Bitha