So this summer I have decided to try and eat as locally as possible. It's turning out to be more challenging than I thought it would be. I signed up for two CSA's (community supported agriculture), I belong to a meat/dairy csa, and attend the farmers market. So even though I have all this fresh goodness I still have indulged in some processed non local junk food. It amazes me how badly I feel after eating junk food. It also amazes me that I use to eat junk all day every day. I had diet soda yesterday and it totally made me feel bad and I woke up in the middle of the night unable to sleep.
Then today I eat all fairly local foods and I just don't need to eat as much. Crazy I need to really remind myself to stay off the chemically bad food. And I worked hard today. I spent several hours in the garden weeding and planting. Spent a little time picking berries. I cleaned my house a little, cooked all my food and remade jam.
I also had my first Craigslist experience today. I met a person and they gave me 15 beautiful green bean plants for $10. Such a good deal. Please don't ask me what I will do with all of those green beans. Not really sure yet.
So it looks like I will probably put a total of $200 into my garden this year. I have been tracking how much food my garden is producing and right now I have harvested about 3 pounds of food, making my gardens food price $66.66 dollars per pound.
Finally, stumbled onto a new website today called The Art of Non-Conformity. Not sure how I feel about it, but I think I will be reading my way through it and the authors manifestos!
Toodles,
Bitha
Then today I eat all fairly local foods and I just don't need to eat as much. Crazy I need to really remind myself to stay off the chemically bad food. And I worked hard today. I spent several hours in the garden weeding and planting. Spent a little time picking berries. I cleaned my house a little, cooked all my food and remade jam.
I also had my first Craigslist experience today. I met a person and they gave me 15 beautiful green bean plants for $10. Such a good deal. Please don't ask me what I will do with all of those green beans. Not really sure yet.
So it looks like I will probably put a total of $200 into my garden this year. I have been tracking how much food my garden is producing and right now I have harvested about 3 pounds of food, making my gardens food price $66.66 dollars per pound.
Finally, stumbled onto a new website today called The Art of Non-Conformity. Not sure how I feel about it, but I think I will be reading my way through it and the authors manifestos!
Toodles,
Bitha