Saturday, February 1, 2014

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

Here in my neck of the woods we have been getting a ton of snow! It has made for some difficult days. I struggle with seasonal depression and these dark days have been tough. We had one sunny day and I felt my mood and spirits lift! It was wonderful. However, the next ten days will be dark, dreary, and snowy.

I have made a little progress at school. I have read one book "No Impact Man". I will be finishing the Economist today. I did not go to the gym or study Italian. However, I shall be back on the bandwagon this week. And as you can see I am doing one blog post.

I love my local farmers market in Southwest Michigan. I got local carrots, potatoes, apples, squash, and cheese this morning. There always is a good energy there and it is fairly inexpensive. I think I spent just shy of $16. I also get to know the farmers. I have made a commitment to my self to start eating locally this year. I would like to put a percentage on how much food I could eat locally, but that would be tough as I would have to start writing down everything I eat.

I really love the book No Impact Man. It has inspired me to lower my waste for the remainder of the year. This is slightly more measurable. I have saved all my trash in my herby curby until it was full and it took about three weeks. My goal is to create a quarter of the herby curby full of trash a month or less. I will do this through composting, not buying things with packaging, and donating things.

The financial front has been a little tough. I have been laid off for a couple of weeks, some small emergencies have come up, and health issues have made me use my small savings. I am very blessed to have had it and now need to work at replenishing it.

Toodles,
Bitha