Saturday, February 22, 2014

Updates

I have been really struggling with motivation this winter. I mean I always struggle with some motivation, but this season it has been worse, much worse. For every step forward there are many more steps back.

Education: I have read a couple of books. Game of thrones and a book by one of my favorite bloggers. I have skimmed a couple of homesteading books. Economist is proving to be the bane of my existence. I just don't find it very interesting. I am going to continue to try, but am supplementing with listening to NPR. I haven't been studying my Italian, but have gone to the gym and to church.

Eating locally: It still is a little bit of a struggle. Last week I made efforts to get local cabbage and onions. This week local milk. However, with my finances still having to purchase a lot of non local items.

Financial: Bills are paid! Still staying in budget and saving. Had one small unexpected dental bill, however things are going to work out financially in my favor. Definitely adjusting to being skint. My mother is going through a little bit of a lean time also; it's kind of fun to talk to her about it. My biggest suggestion to people is that they should track a months worth of receipts. I learned that I was spending a couple of thousand dollars in soda a year. Yes, you heard that right a couple of thousands of dollars on flavored water chemicals. It's crazy to think!

Toodles,
Bitha