Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Getting Back to My Roots (Literally)

So today was run, run, run kinda of day. I have some of my early garden planted: peas, lettuce, spinach, greens, and inside cabbage, broccoli, kale, and chard. Went to the farm to renew my membership and got some animal shares. Think of it as an animal CSA. They had eggs on sale 4 dozen for 12 shares. Which is a great deal. I also bought some seed potatoes.

Canceled cable this week. Went to the library and got a book about living off of your garden. I will let you know the title later :) The car oil is changed and life is good.

Dinner tonight will be some potatoes and eggs from the farm. Last week of lent so it is a vegetarian day for me. Considering trying to only eat local foods, but just playing around with that this week. I am giving up deep fried foods this month. I want to challenge myself to eat better, but go a little slow with it.

I am totally exhausted so here is to dinner and a good nights sleep!

Toodles,
Bitha