The big question is do you count money given to you as gifts as money spent? I personally do not. While yes it was spent in the truest form, I either would not have spent it or allocated monies differently.
$15.72 groceries
*** 69.80 this was a Christmas present spent on warm socks, slippers, and thermal underwear. I would not have purchased these if it wasn't for Christmas monies so I don't really count this.
$20.50 groceries
*** $34.38 these were shipping costs already paid for by sales from buyer so I dont really count these but I like to be transparent
$3 I think, on coffee out with a friend. I paid this with change I scrounged up so coffee with tip
*** $28 on dog food, detergent, and seltzer these were purchased with a Christmas gift. I would have bought the dog food regardless, but this month I would have made my own detergent and skipped the water so I don't really count it.
$20 in gas for my car
So if we go by intentionally purchases I have spent just under $60 this month. I have been try to get my spending as low as possible. Eating out of my pantry and freezer. Reducing food waste etc.
My goal is really to live as frugally as possible this year. To prove to myself I don't need to spend a lot in order to have a good and comfortable life!
Toodles,
Bitha
$15.72 groceries
*** 69.80 this was a Christmas present spent on warm socks, slippers, and thermal underwear. I would not have purchased these if it wasn't for Christmas monies so I don't really count this.
$20.50 groceries
*** $34.38 these were shipping costs already paid for by sales from buyer so I dont really count these but I like to be transparent
$3 I think, on coffee out with a friend. I paid this with change I scrounged up so coffee with tip
*** $28 on dog food, detergent, and seltzer these were purchased with a Christmas gift. I would have bought the dog food regardless, but this month I would have made my own detergent and skipped the water so I don't really count it.
$20 in gas for my car
So if we go by intentionally purchases I have spent just under $60 this month. I have been try to get my spending as low as possible. Eating out of my pantry and freezer. Reducing food waste etc.
My goal is really to live as frugally as possible this year. To prove to myself I don't need to spend a lot in order to have a good and comfortable life!
Toodles,
Bitha