Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Gazingus Pins

I am pretty late to the Your Money or Your Life book, but I am learning a lot. Like gazingus pins. Essentially, it are the things we waste our money on either habitually or to get a little rush from said thing.

Over the past month I have found that I have two... Food and Working Out. Working out at the gym was getting expensive. $60 for the classes for the month, plus $110 on other classes I liked, and money spent on outfits to workout in. It was too much! I quit. Now I am still am trying to find a routine, but walking the dog has happened most days since quitting.



 My other pin is food. I was doing an estimate of what I spent this last year so I could tweak it and do it for 2020. It was obscene. I bet I spent around $4000. I noticed since I have been tracking each time I spend money it is on food. The sad thing is I have plenty of food. The only food items that I will truly need soon is coffee, salt, yeast, baking soda, and baking powder.

I am continuing my csa and milk shares throught the winter so no need to buy veg, fruit, or milk. I just received 1/2 a pig and 16 half chickens. When I run out of beef I may do another beef bundle or will do an 1/8 of a cow. I do not need grains, beans, popcorn etc right now.

Pretty much going to spend time enjoying the food I have made and bought rather then continuing to buy more.