Sunday, November 25, 2012

What a Happy Almost All Small Business Saturday

Yesterday was a fantastic day! I got to hang out with one of my good friends that I don't get to see as often as I like. I started my day picking up S for our adventures in down town. I also delivered her a half of pecan pie, because I cannot be trusted alone with it! So first we went to Terapin, which is great however they do not cater to there larger clientele. Which is what I would say of most small business that sell clothing. As a larger woman I would like to say I don't want to only wear floral print, animal print, or primary colors. I want to be able to wear some of this really cool funky clothes and if I have to pay a little more than so be it.

Next we went to another cool clothing boutique, that also sells baubles, soap, perfumes, and other cool things. I love that store but it still was a little over priced for me. Then we had the great idea to go to the bizarre, bizarre at Bell's brewery. It was a cool local scene with some of the most delicious beer ever. If you get a chance to try Bell's Christmas Ale do it! I am a dark beer drinker, but that Ale was amazing!

After feeling the affects of the beer we decided to get a couple of hot dogs from a local hot dog restaurant. Yum Yum I had a Chicago dog and it rocked my socks off, and no that wasn't the beer talking.

On our journey back home we stopped to get guitar strings for me, world market to shop around and look at pretty baubles, and Barnes and Nobles for books and coffee, plus to meet up with S's hoosband as she would say it.

Toodles,
Bitha