Thursday, January 6, 2011

Where has all the money gone?

For the first time in my life I actually have to stick to a budget! Its kind of scary and exhilarating at the same time. I get $50 a week for gas, food, and any other expenses. It hasn't been hard so far although this week a lot of that is because I am sick.

Food has by far been the easiest to make work. When I went to visit my folks on vacation I made sure that I stocked up at a grocery salvation store. I still went high end with mostly organic product because nothing there is local :) My mother is also so freaked out that I will starve that she purchased several pounds of meat and made me go grocery shopping though her cupboards.

Gas is also not a problem because I have been able to stay in a smaller radius:) My longest necessary commute is to the food coop which is about 7 miles from my house.

Fun stuff will be harder but it will force me to be creative and start looking for cheap ways to do things. Groupon is great for this sort of thing!

Have a great day and keep living cheap!
Bitha