Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Last Day of 37

So today is my last day of being 37. This year has brought good and bad like any other year. Here are some of my experiences:


  1. I have lived more simply this year! I put myself on a strict budget this year and did fairly well adhering to it. My goal was to be out of credit card debt. I am not thanks to a couple of unfortunate events, but at least I had that card to help. 
  2. I had to radically downsize to lend out a spare bedroom to friends. 
  3. I learned that while I like to really help people, people need to help themselves. 
  4. I have learned when I have specific goals in mind for myself I need to surround myself with like minded people, and disengage from people that pull me back it to bad behaviors. 
  5. I am no longer afraid to try new things at work. This year I have worked for two different companies in four different sites. 
  6. I started a new business and dissolved said business. 
  7. I have started a Buddhist practice. I have learned I will never be a good or decent Buddhist because I will need many lifetimes to be able to hone my practice, but every day I try to go 1 step forward and most days I go 20 steps back. 
  8. I paid off 3 credit cards. 
  9. I have lost friendships and reforged new ones. 
  10. I have started volunteering again. 
Goals for 38:
  1. Be free of all credit card and car debt!
  2. Travel to Chicago and one new place.
  3. To move myself towards better health: less junk food, more exercise, more whole foods, more water
  4. Volunteer once a month on average
  5. Be able to save so that I am able to take summer/winter breaks off from work
  6. Work on long term reduce/reuse/recycle goals
  7. Start an aikedo practice
  8. Spend more time outdoors
  9. Start a daily meditation practice
  10. Get involved with a spiritual community