So over the last month I have MAJORLY simified my eating habits. After my dog passed I tried to go paleo in hopes to start regaining my health. It started making me really sick. So I quit within a month of starting. I started eating whatever I wanted and that didn't make me feel good. I got to thinking about way back when I was a vegetarian 90% of the time and and I remember for the most part feeling pretty good except I wasn't healthy about it and it was expensive because I ate out all the time.
So I thought to myself what if I just started limiting the amount of meat I eat. Not a vegetarian buy MOSTLY eating like one. Since food is an area I have always struggled with I wanted to try a meal plan for enjoyment. I would get to eat some of my favorite meals on a weekly bases, but try and put as many veggies in them so they still taste good and I get the health from eating better.
So for Breakfast I typically eat something from this list:
-Protein shake
-Granola bar
-Peanut Butter and jelly
-Veggie Sandwich
Lunch at Work
-Veggie and Cheese sandwich with hummus and carrots
Dinner M-F
-Black bean burritos with cheese, onions, peppers, garlic, salsa, and sriracha
-Pasta
-Potato, onion, pepper tikka masala with garlic naan
-Carrot, onion, and sweet potato noodles with peanut sauce
-Veggie Pizza
Lunch and Dinner when not working:
-Veggie and cheese sandwiches
-Leftovers from work! Lots of veggie thai curry and veggie pizza this month
-One of the meals from m-f
Except for the salsa, cheese, sriracha, tikka masala sauce I have been making most things from scratch. I have noticed I need to make as much as I can and freeze because after a long day at work I do not feel like making pasta frim scratch mostly because it needs to rest for an hour and by that time I am starving!
Currently I have spent $83.81 on groceries. $20 was stocking up on cheap good coffee, peanut butter, and jelly from the discount bin! I probably won't need any of those items for three or four months! I will go shopping this week for some vegetables, cheese, and condiments and I am expecting to spend under $20. So food wise very frugal month and things are nice and automated.
Finally while I have no idea if I am losing weight because I don't own a scale I feel better than I have in a long time! Also, my clothing feels a little bit baggy too!
Toodles,
Bitha
So I thought to myself what if I just started limiting the amount of meat I eat. Not a vegetarian buy MOSTLY eating like one. Since food is an area I have always struggled with I wanted to try a meal plan for enjoyment. I would get to eat some of my favorite meals on a weekly bases, but try and put as many veggies in them so they still taste good and I get the health from eating better.
So for Breakfast I typically eat something from this list:
-Protein shake
-Granola bar
-Peanut Butter and jelly
-Veggie Sandwich
Lunch at Work
-Veggie and Cheese sandwich with hummus and carrots
Dinner M-F
-Black bean burritos with cheese, onions, peppers, garlic, salsa, and sriracha
-Pasta
-Potato, onion, pepper tikka masala with garlic naan
-Carrot, onion, and sweet potato noodles with peanut sauce
-Veggie Pizza
Lunch and Dinner when not working:
-Veggie and cheese sandwiches
-Leftovers from work! Lots of veggie thai curry and veggie pizza this month
-One of the meals from m-f
Except for the salsa, cheese, sriracha, tikka masala sauce I have been making most things from scratch. I have noticed I need to make as much as I can and freeze because after a long day at work I do not feel like making pasta frim scratch mostly because it needs to rest for an hour and by that time I am starving!
Currently I have spent $83.81 on groceries. $20 was stocking up on cheap good coffee, peanut butter, and jelly from the discount bin! I probably won't need any of those items for three or four months! I will go shopping this week for some vegetables, cheese, and condiments and I am expecting to spend under $20. So food wise very frugal month and things are nice and automated.
Finally while I have no idea if I am losing weight because I don't own a scale I feel better than I have in a long time! Also, my clothing feels a little bit baggy too!
Toodles,
Bitha