Sunday, February 26, 2017

Shopping Day


So I have a little secret to tell you... I am going mostly vegan for lent. I am not a practicing Catholic, although I did grow up Catholic and it is one of those things that just kind of sticks. You might notice that I said mostly. The all or nothing approach doesn't really work for me so I will consider this a success if I cheat six times or less! And by cheat I mean a vegetarian cheat. I also will not be chemically deducing every ingredient to see if it contains bone char or bug juice. No meat, eggs, honey, or dairy is good enough for me.

So above is some of this weeks groceries and the grand total is $5.52! Because I had a $10 off coupon. But I still will only count it as $5.52 spent!

Limes $1
Rice $1.09
Pepper $.10
Oranges $2
Dates $2.49
Nondairy creamer $4.59😞
Rice mix $1.53
Banana $.23
Pasta $1
Lentils $1.49

This is more packaging then I like but I would have spent WAY more at the Food Co-op and currently my budget is the priority! I still have tons of carrots, onions, peppers, potatoes, and tomatoes left over!

Toodles,
Bitha