Anyone who knows me realizes I am not very handy... at all! However, in the quest to save money and live more simply I need to become a DYI girl. I have so many projects, but I have a lot going on currently so I am trying to keep project time to only very simple things. So my first project was to make a little hoop house for one of my raised beds.
Less than a month ago I planted some greens, because they are good in cold weather, however Michigan weather is going to get really, really cold this weekend. Like 40 degree weather so I knew I had to protect those little greens! So I started to researching cold frames/hoop houses on the internet renegade style. There was a really nice hoop house, but unfortunately it would have required me cutting 2 by 4's with a circular saw. Do to the fact that I really don't own tools that wood/would be difficult so I passed that one by. Then I found a very simple one with pvc and high gauge plastic and I knew it was for me.
I acquired all of the tools at a big box store and after work today I went to work. I got it done quite quickly and it looks flimsy, but will work. Then the rain and storm came. I hope it is still up in the morning...
Toodles
Bitha
Less than a month ago I planted some greens, because they are good in cold weather, however Michigan weather is going to get really, really cold this weekend. Like 40 degree weather so I knew I had to protect those little greens! So I started to researching cold frames/hoop houses on the internet renegade style. There was a really nice hoop house, but unfortunately it would have required me cutting 2 by 4's with a circular saw. Do to the fact that I really don't own tools that wood/would be difficult so I passed that one by. Then I found a very simple one with pvc and high gauge plastic and I knew it was for me.
I acquired all of the tools at a big box store and after work today I went to work. I got it done quite quickly and it looks flimsy, but will work. Then the rain and storm came. I hope it is still up in the morning...
Toodles
Bitha