Sunday, October 28, 2012

I Hate Plastic and Love Moonshine

So I am a hopelessly disorganized person. Lately it has really gotten out of control. I have now lost my debit card for the second time in two months. So I have just decided to limit my use of plastic money. Now I am not completely plastic less, as I still have an old school ATM card. I am so discouraged my our monetary system. I was actually charged a three dollar fee because I did not use a credit or debit card on my phone bill. I really want to cancel my phone but don't have time to look for a new service right now. Why should I pay a fee for using US currency in the US?

Today I had a stock up shopping trip, so my pantry challenge is a little bit of a fail... Okay a big fail, but the time was right to buy staples like flour, sugar, coffee, apples, salt, rice, beans, oatmeal, cheese, paper products, stuff to make laundry detergent and deodorant, and ingredients to make snacks. Oh and booze. Currently I am fermenting a batch of hard apple cider. I found the recipe on the blog Cold Antler Farm and I can't wait until it is done! As I was telling some of my coworkers about the hard apple cider, I started reminiscing about my love of moonshine. I admit I have only had it a couple of times at some music festivals and it was delicious! As I was purchasing some Chocolate Box Wine and Vanilla Java Porter a sign for moonshine caught my eye. Oh boy oh boy I was so excited. Now it is illegal to make or purchase true moonshine in the US and most countries, but this product was a close reminder of the moonshine I have had. I have researched how to make moonshine but because it is illegal and dangerous I will have to enjoy legal grain alcohol.

Toodles,
Bitha