Sunday, February 4, 2018

Weekly Prep Sunday

On Sundays I try to get most of my prep done for the week so things are a wee bit organized. I will have some late nights this week so I have to be prepared.

I am doing laundry and will hang my oufits on hangers so I can sleep in a little every morning. It might sound lame, but saves me about 15 minutes each morning. I also only do laundry on weekends to save on my electric/gas bill. I try to pop my clothes in the dryer for about 5 minutes and then air dry them the rest of the way.

I also food prep for the week. I am lucky enough to be able to eat my lunch at work during the week, so I just need to prep snacks and dinner because breakfast is oatmeal or nothing during the week.

Dinners this week will be a barbeque turkey foil pack that has onions, potatoes, and carrots. They take about 40 minutes to heat each night so it is truly convenience food. Those are scheduled Monday-Thursday. I also have enough turkey to make turkey and dumpling soup to go with the dinners if it is not enough food. The turkey is from thanksgiving.

For snacks at work this week I will be making peanut butter and chocolate chip muffins. I always get hungry about an hour and a half before lunch so I pack a little snack so I am not ravenous.

Tonights dinner will be an egg scramble and homemade french fries! In the scramble I will put dehydrated green peppers from the summer, dehydrated tomatoes, onions, and homemade garlic powder with a little bit of cheese. Homemade ketchup will be served with both.

Toodles,
Bitha