Sunday, March 25, 2018

Disaster and Other Weekend Dealings

Hi my name is Tabitha and I have been an overspending fool this weekend. There it is off my chest.

It started innocently enough. My work place took us out to lunch as a thank you and I ate half my meal and two beers. Then the catering manager and his girlfriend wanted to go to the beer exchange which I love! He bought the first round and while I was done I wanted to buy him and his girlfriends next beer.

Then later that night I went to my first Homesteading class, which was awesome, but didn't want to cook so I bought junk food.

Saturday I wanted to go to the farmers market and sign up for a CSA and get ramps. So I spent more money then planned and while technically most everything fits into healthy food/local spending it was more then I wanted to spend.

I spent all Saturday night fighting the urge to get Chinese take out. Then sucumbed to it this afternoon. What do I have to show for it? An upset tummy, almost an entire days worth of wasted wages, and a blown low spend March.

If I had spent this money and it was planned, or it was spent in the process of making memories I would have been like great! This is awesome, but it wasn't.

So I think this is happening for a multitude of reasons. I think there is a combo spending/food addiction issue. There was a little bit of a rush when getting the junk food and going in to shop. I don't feel the same way when I eat or shop for plan foods.

Also, I think my life is quite boring these days. Plus I am super resentful that I have to work over the summer. I was so excited to have six weeks to relax garden, be in the sun and all in all chill.

In April I am going to increase my spending to either $150 or $200 a month. There is a lot of local fresh food available right now and I am still waiting for dirt to get my garden going, so I am at least 4 weeks out until anything really will get started.

Toodles,

Bitha