Sunday, March 11, 2018

Mostly Free Fun Weekend

So I was asked what some of my most frugal tips were, and today the one I want to talk about is having fun for free!

Yesterday started out with volunteering at loaves and fishes. My friend Amy, who among all of her amazing qualities is extremely altruistic and community minded. She is always getting groups together to give back to our community.

So volunteering at loaves and fishes was a lot of fun, felt good, and was free too. Fun fact, while it is great to donate food to food pantries, money can be spent in better ways. Loaves and fishes can take a $1 donation and turn that into three meals for one person. Let that sink in, they can feed one peraon for a $1 a day.

Last night I worked the door at my friends belly dance show. So basically I sell raffle tickets and show tickets, then I get to watch the show for free. So yay for a night out! And the headliner was the amazing Silvia Salamanca! Check her out on youtube!

Today there is a free class at the local museum on solar energy! I am not sure if I will make it because there is a lot to do at home today.

Sourdough has to be started, laundry finished, zuppa toscana made, cleaning, getting some fell wood for the garden, and hopefully clean up the car.

Toodles,
Bitha