Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Pulling Out of Depression

This winter has been especially rough on me. Even though I have never been diagnosed, I feel it is safe to say I struggle with depression. One of the biggest signs that I have been dealing with depression is the way my house looks. When it is dirty and cluttered and I actually notice, I know I am coming out of a big funk!

My agreement with myself is that you MUST go to work and care for any living animal that you have. Other than that it doesn't matter. The only problem with that is the clutter makes it worse. I am pretty much a minimalist, but when I no longer want or need something instead of donating it, giving it to a friend, or throwing it away I hold onto it for just in case. Over the years, there has been several occasions where I have regretted giving away items.

For now I am putting things in my spare bedroom until I have the energy to deal with them.

But on a lighter note, the kitchen counters are clean, my kitchen table (that I never sit at) is clean, and I should be able to find the strength to sweep the floors tonight.

Toodles,

Bitha