Thursday, October 13, 2016

A Little Impromptu Shopping Trip

I am getting one last post in before the madness starts. I woke up early after 9.5 hours of sleep, it was amazing. I still have a couple of hours before work so as I am drinking my delicious coffee with cream I thought I would post a little picture.


So you will see a little coffee, cream from a local dairy farm... and it is in a glass bottle the only waste is from the plastic ring, zevia soda, and mixed nuts. This was a little pricey coming in at about $21 (I lost the receipt). Typically I wouldn't spend so much on food in this small amount, but I bought quite a bit of nuts and at $16.99 a pound well you can see why the price was high. They will be a main part of my food for the next three days at work because there will be no real breaks over the next three days. Also, there is a $2 bottle deposit for the cream. All of this was purchased at PFC.

Also I bought some meat for the local smokehouse. Yes it is packaged in plastic, but it is actually real bologna not some nasty crap. My ultimate goal is to go back to buying a herd share with Lake Village Homestead for meat purchases. Unfortunately, I do not have the money quite yet to afford this, but hopefully by early next year I will be back in. The only bad thing about most local meat farmers is that everything is wrapped in plastic and the prices are a bit higher, but I suppose that is a small price to pay to support the local economy.

Toodles
Bitha