Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Getting Rid of the Past and Negative Emotions

So I love social media and I hate it at the same time. I love it because I get to keep in touch with people. I hate it because it can be very vague. It is easy to take peoples negative posts and wonder if they are about you and the drama surrounding it. Basically, it can make me a little insecure and then I make up a ton of terrible story lines in my head.

Case in point, someone posted something about gaslighting and within the context of the post I felt it could be aimed towards me. At first I was angry and I tried to just let it go, but it kept gnawing at me. I finally looked up the term gaslighting and felt relieved because I didn't feel like I did anything remotely close to that. It doesn't mean the other persons perception of what happened didn't feel that way, but it my soul I can release that part of me that was angry and worried.

The particular situation leading up to the gaslighting post did make me think about my situation and how I handled it. Did I do it right? No, I let my frustrations build up and I was very passive aggressive and at times aggressive. It wasn't good for me and it wasn't good for the people around me. I let jealousy cloud me. I have very strict specific goals for myself right now and I deeply surrounded myself with people who have the polar opposite of those goals. I found that I can't be so closely surrounded with people who aren't on my path right now, not because I don't love them, but because I need to achieve my goals.

The great thing in doing this soul searching I feel more free. I know I can only control what I can control.

How does this apply to Living on a Little? The more we learn to let go of our own negativity and move on from it makes my life better. Just like moving away from a very lucrative job I hated made my life better.

Thank you so much for listening to my rambling. It feels good to get it out. I will not be posting anything for the next week or so because I will be working about 55-60 hours over the next 5 days. Wish me luck and I will talk to you soon.

Toodles
Bitha