Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Deciding Who I Want to Be

Everyday we make decisions on who we want to be. And the great thing is we can change who we want to be everyday. We can choose to be kind, happy, angry, cruel, indifferent. We can choose to let the actions of others and their words change us or we can choose to leave them behind. We can choose to get caught up in our diseases and the acts perpetrated on us and let them define us or find a way to let them go. Everyday we are alive is a chance at a new beginning.

I have been called every name from the worst of the worst, to the best of the best and until now I have internalized them, made them apart of me. I let my mind, anxiety, and depression lead me on a wild goose chase of the evil that I am and how I will never be good enough. I have brought my thoughts into the world around me and let them flavor the atmosphere.

Today I was talking a picture of some apples that I gleaned from the trash and as the sun was shining off of them and realized it isn't important. All of my unfounded worries... they don't mean a thing. I am happy. I want to live a slower life. I want to help people, make people smile, waste less, read more. Study religion... all religion. Support my local economy, stay home most of the time. Spend time with my elderly puppy. Write this blog not to escape who I am, but to remember who I am.

Toodles
Bitha